At Watson & Watson our clients come first. Please be assured of our continued dedicated services to all current and new clients.

As we have done in the past, we will continue to offer alternative conferencing methods ie video conferencing, skype or telephone conferences. Reviewing of all documentation provided to us prior to any initial conference will be all inclusive of our set fee. Do not hesitate to contact Shereen Da Gloria on (02) 9221 6011 should you have any concerns.

Do you need to advise your spouse of a divorce application? What happens if you do not know where your spouse is?


The Court also has strict requirements for proving a Divorce Application has been served on your husband or wife.

Service of the Divorce Application must be proved and an Affidavit of Service must be filed with the Court. Service can be personal or postal. An Application for an Order for Substituted Service can be made and obtained if someone cannot be located. To obtain an order for substituted service one needs to prove that one cannot locate the other party or if one can locate the other party,why one cannot serve the other party. Also one must establish by evidence that once service has been effected in the substituted manner, the other party will effectively become aware of the process. Our solicitors have extensive experience in service of overseas applications and applications for substituted service.

Related Cases & Articles

Personal Experienced Professional Affordable

Phone 02 9221 6011

Send us your enquiry
Book an appointment Request a quote Send your question
Online enquiry form

Watson & Watson are always available to provide expert legal advice and answer any questions you may have.

All enquiries received will be responded to within 24 hours.

Call: 02 9221 6011